Brutal Rust has developed a flexible hard coat that can be applied like thinset concrete and is flexible enough to protect your set or prop. This stuff is the real deal! One coat of Flex-Coat and your prop or set will look like concrete. More than one coat and your prop or set will be protected from dings and scratches.
////////// INSTRUCTIONS //////////////
1. Flex-Coat to water ratio: 1.5 parts flex-coat to 1 part water
Start by adding the Flex-Coat into your mixing bucket. Slowly mix in the water and stir with a drill & mixing paddle. This ratio will produce a semi-liquid mix of Flex-Coat.
If you need to thin down the mix, we recommend adding small amounts of water until the mixture is the consistency you need.
2. Allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes. The Flex-Coat cement will thicken over time. The Flex-Coat is now ready to use in a brush or texture hopper application.
3. Continue to mix the Flex-Coat as you work on your project. You will want to use all of the product while it's wet. It will not keep for future projects.
4. Once the Flex-Coat has been applied to your prop or set, use our Brutal Decay line of stains along with our Fallout Metal to create aged dirt, grime and rust.
5. The dry time for Flex-Coat depends on temperature, moisture in the air, exposure to heat and the amount of Flex-Coat applied. Normal dry time is 24 hours.
Don't want to get messy? Maybe you don't have a team to build what you have in mind. Don't worry. We will be happy to create the concrete walls or props for you.
Give us a call today and we will help you with anything you need.
The Brutal Rust Team
1 (832) 777-3717