Needing Mold, Moss or Mildew in your sets or in costuming? Spore is the first ever application of its kind! This covering will aid to the realism of your set by adding an entirely new dimension of realism. Not only does the product look and feel like Mold, Moss, or Mildew, but it can smell like it as well (if desired). When used with our flexible Quarantine it can also be added to clothing as well as solid architecture structures. This product will “hang” off of any vertical surface just nagging for people to touch it. Spore adds the much needed detail of earthen growth to any set on screen or in person when you are needing a hyper-realistic growth.
When applying Spore to your sets and props, the product is loose and easy to waste during application. To avoid product waste, we suggest using a ground tarp to capture any loose Spore. Once the project has been adequately covered, you can reclaim the loose spore and add it back into your supply.
1. Green Growth - Green is the original color for Spore. This color can be altered with our line of Brutal Decay stains.
2. Toxic Orange - Fuligo septica is a slide mold that can either be orange or yellow in color.
1. Put ground cloth under your project.
2. Brush, splatter, spray, pipe (via piping bag) etc., Quarantine onto your prop or set. The Quarantine will act as the clear adhesive for your Spore.
NOTE: If you are interested in creating puffy or raised areas of mold, mix desired amount of Quarantine with Spore to create a "Spore Gel". Add this mixture to your prop or set before you apply Spore over the top of the Quarantine.
3. Add the Spore over the top of recently applied Quarantine.
VARIOUS WAYS TO ATTACH SPORE TO QUARANTINE:
1. The old fashion way: This is an easy method that we use a lot during our Brutal Rust builds. You will need an 8.5" x 11" piece of paper. Simply fold it in half, sprinkle the loose Spore into the folded paper and blow from one end towards your project. You will be surprised with the accuracy that this method delivers.
2. The "Sprinkle" way: As you might expect from the name, this method requires your project to be on a flat surface. One on the flat surface, simply sprinkle the loose Spore onto the recently applied Quarantine.
NEED MORE HELP: (832) 777 3717
Please give us a call or send us a message with any questions you might have.