Brutal Rust has developed a flexible hard coat that goes on like thinset morter and is flexible enough to protect the set or prop. We can create the prop or sets for you or you can purchase the flex-coat cement from us directly to make your own magic.
Cement sold in a 5 gallon bucket with 50lbs of Flex-Coat.
////////// INSTRUCTIONS //////////////
1. Fill disposable bucket with 1/2 gallon of water. Measure out one cup at a time and mix in the flex-coat with a drill & mixing paddle. Continue to add in flex-coat until the mixture has the consistency of a thick paint.
RATIO: For a 1/2 gallon of water the mixture is usually around 14-18 cups of Brutal Rust flex-coat.
2. Allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes. The flex-coat will thicken. It is now ready to apply to your project.
3. Continue to stir the flex-coat mixture as you work on your project. You will want to use all of the product while it's wet. It doesn't keep for future projects.
4. After you have covered your prop or set and the flex-coat is still wet, use our Urban Decay line of stains along with our Fallout to create the stains, grime and rust.
5. Dry time depends on temperature, moisture in air, exposure to heat and the amount of flex-coat applied.